Welcome to my world of twin girls! It's definitely double trouble but I never forget my double blessings!

Monday, February 8, 2010

Making Memories

We went to a twins playgroup today and had a ton of fun. But when we first entered the neighborhood (after going through the gate and giving my life history to the guard), it was hard to not get caught up in thinking how big the houses were. We got to the playdate house and it was a gorgeous two-story, three-car garage home. Top of the line stuff. Driveway paved in bricks. We entered the house and were taken to the "downstairs playroom" (yes, there is an upstairs playroom too).

Some of the toys we have OUTSIDE (large slides, etc.) were actually in the playroom to give you an idea of how it looked. Train table, kitchen set (the OLD one - the new one was in the UPSTAIRS playroom), table and chairs, etc. As my girls jumped in and made themselves at home (no, not literally because my home would fit in their playroom!), I peeked through to the next room.

The kitchen was wonderful - our hostess had a spread of bagels, fruit, cupcakes, munches, sodas and coffee. After swiping a cupcake (gasp - can you believe it?) I went into the family room. Another section of ToysRUs had been put into THIS room. I could see every toy we ever owned in this room plus some I had never seen.

As soon as I was finished gawking, I gave my girls a hug. We might have a small house and a small number of toys but one thing that is not lacking is love. There's plenty of that in my house and that's what I plan to make my memories with - not toys or a big house.

1 comment:

  1. isn't it something to see how other people live and then to appreciate how much more you really have than they do.

    ReplyDelete